Welcome to Kyambogo University Library Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- For a simple search, enter keywords such as title words, an author's name, or words describing your topic.
- Use the search drop-down menu to search specifically for a title, author, subject, or series.
- Use the Advanced Search to limit your results to particular types of materials.
- Log into your library account to place holds, create lists of books, see what you have checked out and if you owe any fines.
- You do not have to log in to search the catalog.
Access to Library Resources
- All items on open shelves can be borrowed and used both within and outside the library facilities
- Items in closed sections of the Library are issued under specific conditions and are strictly used within the Library facilities for a period allocated at the time of issuing.
- Library items are issued on a first come first serve basis
- Provided the item is not reserved by any other reader a loan can be renewed but not for more than two consecutive times.
- Reservation services
- Book Banks/Reserve Banks
- Library Computer Laboratory
- Bibliographic services
- Binding services (new publications/dissertations, repairs and newspapers)
- Reprographic services
- Registration and clearing